Introducing America’s new icon: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!!
In case you’ve tuned out politically, we’re here to tell you to wake the fuck back up and get involved! That’s what this 28-year-old Latina did, and she just ran/won her first ever campaign in New York’s 14th congressional district on Tuesday!
Alexandria beat out 10-term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley! Fight the political patriarchy, queen!
We can’t wait to see what’s in store for her political career!
1. The moment she realized she won Tuesday night’s election is EVERYTHING and exactly the reason we need more passion like this in this country. Watch (below):
This is the moment Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a 28-year-old Latina running her first campaign, discovered she had ousted 10-term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley in New York’s 14th congressional district https://t.co/Q7namRbcEk pic.twitter.com/D4lzJZo1z3
— CNN (@CNN) June 27, 2018
2. This victory will likely make Alexandria the youngest person in Congress. Should she beat her Republican opponent in November, Ocasio will bring her progressive agenda to Washington. Here’s a copy of what she stands for:
Here’s the veru reasonable agenda @Ocasio2018 28 year old Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won with, upsetting the incumbent Democrat in New York. Young women are changing politics, and it’s great. #SocDems pic.twitter.com/ixdo236lHw
— Peter Reid (@peterkinvara) June 27, 2018
3. She was born and raised in the Bronx, the daughter of working class Puerto Rican parents. She studied at Boston University and worked for Senator Ted Kennedy.
4. Alexandria worked in restaurants in order to support her family after her father’s passing. Last year, she was a bartender just trying to make a living.
This photo is from Nov. 14, 2017. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 28, was then working as a bartender.
Less than a year later, she defeated the likely next Speaker of the House, and will almost certainly be the youngest woman ever elected to Congress pic.twitter.com/JgHjdQWAF6
— Jeff Stein (@JStein_WaPo) June 27, 2018
5. A day after he victory, Alexandria is finally getting press. She won despite the New York Times **never** covering her during the campaign. Boss.
We hope this inspires you to stand up and use your voice!!![Image via Instagram.]
Top 10 Most Searched Questions On Google – Video16 Nov, 2018
Richard Ramirez: The Night Stalker of Los Angeles16 Nov, 2018
Lady Gaga perfectly calls out the ‘ignorance’ driving Trumps new attack on gender laws.11 Nov, 2018
To actually change the world, Big Tech needs to grow up10 Nov, 2018
If You Need a Break Theres a 24/7 Live Stream of a Train Going Across Norway17 Nov, 2018
20+ Couples That Absolutely Won Halloween14 Nov, 2018
Hero pilot Sully Sullenberger wrote a blistering anti-Trump letter begging people to vote.06 Nov, 2018
From Nazis To Deaths: 24 Things Disney Wants You To Forget
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.