Introducing America’s new icon: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!!
In case you’ve tuned out politically, we’re here to tell you to wake the fuck back up and get involved! That’s what this 28-year-old Latina did, and she just ran/won her first ever campaign in New York’s 14th congressional district on Tuesday!
Alexandria beat out 10-term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley! Fight the political patriarchy, queen!
We can’t wait to see what’s in store for her political career!
1. The moment she realized she won Tuesday night’s election is EVERYTHING and exactly the reason we need more passion like this in this country. Watch (below):
This is the moment Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a 28-year-old Latina running her first campaign, discovered she had ousted 10-term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley in New York’s 14th congressional district https://t.co/Q7namRbcEk pic.twitter.com/D4lzJZo1z3
— CNN (@CNN) June 27, 2018
2. This victory will likely make Alexandria the youngest person in Congress. Should she beat her Republican opponent in November, Ocasio will bring her progressive agenda to Washington. Here’s a copy of what she stands for:
Here’s the veru reasonable agenda @Ocasio2018 28 year old Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won with, upsetting the incumbent Democrat in New York. Young women are changing politics, and it’s great. #SocDems pic.twitter.com/ixdo236lHw
— Peter Reid (@peterkinvara) June 27, 2018
3. She was born and raised in the Bronx, the daughter of working class Puerto Rican parents. She studied at Boston University and worked for Senator Ted Kennedy.
4. Alexandria worked in restaurants in order to support her family after her father’s passing. Last year, she was a bartender just trying to make a living.
This photo is from Nov. 14, 2017. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 28, was then working as a bartender.
Less than a year later, she defeated the likely next Speaker of the House, and will almost certainly be the youngest woman ever elected to Congress pic.twitter.com/JgHjdQWAF6
— Jeff Stein (@JStein_WaPo) June 27, 2018
5. A day after he victory, Alexandria is finally getting press. She won despite the New York Times **never** covering her during the campaign. Boss.
We hope this inspires you to stand up and use your voice!!![Image via Instagram.]
Facebook is testing augmented reality ads in the News Feed11 Jul, 2018
Netflix paid no UK corporate tax last year and got a 200k rebate17 Jul, 2018
Once Cool Movie Quotes We Now Realize Are Stupid16 Jul, 2018
Family Happy With Newly Adopted Child Until She Learns English And Confesses Horrific Truth15 Jul, 2018
Anthony Kennedy, You Are a Total Disgrace to America13 Jul, 2018
This Man Was Almost Eaten Alive By Flu, Now A Tattoo Has Changed His Life Forever11 Jul, 2018
Woman Live-Tweets Two Complete Strangers Flirting On A Plane, Doesnt Expect It Would Escalate Like This10 Jul, 2018
Michael Rapaport Saves Flight By Stopping Passenger From Opening Emergency Door Mid-Air!
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.